Paragliding is a highly exhilarating sport. People launch themselves into the air from the peaks and glide down into the valleys, transported by air currents. Cableways and ski-lifts are available to take paragliders up to the peaks.
In Trentino, numerous sports schools provide the skills and equipment necessary for paragliding, hand gliding, gliding and skydiving. Countless natural launch platforms are also available in the area, so that visitors can take flight with their paragliders and hang gliders. Flying allows visitors to fully enjoy Trentino's landscape from a new point of view, in complete silence.
The most well known take off spots for hang gliders and paragliders in Trentino are:
• Monte Bondone, the Rostóni above Làgolo and Cima Palón (cableway)
• Cima Panarotta in Valsugana
• Doss del Sabión in Val Rendena
• Pinzolo (gondola lift/chair lift), the Pradalago area in Madonna di Campiglio (gondola lift) and the Spinale area (gondola lift)
• There are two take off points on the Paganella plateau: one above Molveno (lift facilities) and one on the Paganella (gondola lift and chair lift)
• Col dei Rossi above Canazei and Col Rodella uphill Campitello in Val di Fassa (cableways)